Thursday 9 January 2014

How self published authors reach the ever expanding audience using a variety of ereaders

Before I published Glass Half full on Amazon I had no real concept of how many types of ereaders there were on the market; which ones were the most popular and which distribution channels linked to them.
It continues to be a huge learning curve for me, but every day I learn something new.

As a new indie author, after publishing with Amazon for Kindle and Createspace for the paperback, I was then introduced to Smashwords which has an aptly named process called the 'meat grinder' that you have to successfully battle before your book can be distributed to companies like Apple, B&N, Kobo, Sony etc.
As I said I am still learning, since publishing in November 2013 I am still not fully available on all channels. I have also now publsihed through Bookbaby to give exposure on eSentral, Copia, Gardners, etc. which again takes approximately four weeks to go live after file delivery.

So as you can see there is still a lot of work to do to raise awareness of my book and its availability. If fellow indie authors would like to share their experiences, tricks or tips feel free to comment below.

These are some of the sites Glass Half Full has made it to so far:



No comments:

Post a Comment