Tuesday 3 March 2015

Approx 1100 miles, in under 6 weeks Start date: 1st May 2016 #RPBP

smile emoticon

Hello everyone!

My husband, and loyal supporter of my writing career is embarking on a personal challenge of his own to raise money for two charities very close to our hearts. Please take a look and if possible pledge just £1. If a small percentage of our Facebook, Twitter and social media friends pledged £1 we would easily meet the target. If you can't pledge then please share or tweet for us.
Thank you 
Sarah Jane & Nigel


Lands End to John O'Groats Walk

Approx 1100 miles, in under 6 weeks

Start date: 1st May 2016



Project aim

I'm need funding for equipment for the challenge of walking from one end of the UK to the other end. I hope to raise funds for two charities below.
Macmillan Nurses http://www.macmillan.org.uk
This challenge is over a year away because I need time for training and of course getting the money together for equipment.
I chose Macmillan Nurses as one of the charities because 6 years ago I lost my mother to cancer. She was cared for by the nurses until she passed away. They all do a tremendous job.
Help for Hero's was chosen because most of my family have served in the Armed Forces. The charity does an amazing job looking after the welfare of soldiers and their families when they need it the most.
I am a fit person who loves a challenge. In the past, I have competed in half marathons and 10 kilometre runs. A passion of mine is walking and taking pictures. I aim to do the walk in under 6 weeks. I will be carrying a rucksack with all my equipment including my accommodation being my tent. I will wild camp where ever possible. The food I will take will be hydrogenated meals in bags, more food will be purchased on route.
This is not an easy challenge it's roughly 1100 miles in total. To make it in under 6 weeks I would need to complete a marathon every day. So it is vital I get decent, reliable equipment. The main items I am wanting help to get is:
Tent
Sleeping bag
Rucksack
Walking shoes
GPS
Food
On my journey, I will be writing a blog for people to follow my adventure. I will also have a tracking system in place for pledgers to follow my every move across the UK.
Once home, I will put together my stories of my journey into a paperback book, with, hopefully some stunning pictures. My wife is a self-published author, so she has the time and skill to get the book out as soon as practical.
Here is the link to my wife's website where you can see the books she has already published:
I will set up a sponsorship page most probably https://justgiving.com  later during the year for people to sponsor me.
Right now, I need the funding for this project to get off the ground. So if you would like your name in a signed book, please pledge away...

No comments:

Post a Comment