Saturday 24 May 2014

Reader requests photographs of Kings Canyon, NT from Glass Half Full: Our Australian adventure


I love getting messages from people reading our story. 
I received this request for photographs from Glass Half Full: Our Australian adventure.



I love getting messages from people reading our story. I received this request for photographs from Glass Half Full: Our Australian adventure.

"You describe Alice Springs and your outings there in such exquisite detail, I have never been to Australia, and I don't know if I would ever have thought of chosing to visit Alice Springs, but I think I am falling in love with it. Do you have any photographs of Kings Canyon, I particularly enjoyed reading about your happy times there." Wendy Newstead


Chapter 5 Happy times in the desert
Kings Canyon, NT.

Despite July being winter in Australia there is no respite from the extreme temperatures. Therefore, it was refreshing, and breath taking to unwind from the car journey in our personal Jacuzzi bath, in our hotel room. The unfrosted bathroom windows overlooked rocky hills and scrubland frequented only by the resident wildlife of wallabies, kangaroos and lizards.
The word paradise can conjure up visions of tropical islands, white sandy beaches, clear blue oceans and ultimate relaxation. However, in the desert paradise comes in a contrasting form. It gives you idyllic seclusion, at one with some of nature’s wildest inhabitants such as dingoes, wallabies and snakes, but in luxurious surroundings. 
We experienced amazing sights and special moments on this romantic break, the memories of which will stay with me forever.



I will post more photographs on my blog over the next few days. Feel free to let me know what you would like to see or know more about.

No comments:

Post a Comment